Monday, 24 March 2025

M2: Evidence of Applying Appropriate Visual Affects And Transitions

 Transitions 

Throughout the entirety of my film, there is a limited amount of transitions that get used in the film.

The only reason why I edited transitions into my film the first place, was when editing I realised the introduction to my film was too bland and not as creative. By changing this I added in transitions that would fit perfectly in the required scenes.
 
The scenes that had transitions fitted into it was the introduction and the ending of the film. The reason why I chose to have them to have transitions added into it was because it gives a clear understanding of when the start of the film is and when it ends. Another reason why these transitions are effective, is because they blend in well with the clip that will change to the title introduction. The reason why I picked the swirl effect, was because runs smoothly with the end of the music playing at the start along with the footage that is shown at the start. 





Effects 

Hue/Saturation 



Whilst I was watching through my edited footage, I soon noticed the car wasn't as appealing due to the shaded out colours on the exterior of the car. The reason why I wanted to change this, was because it makes the car more appealing to an audience, along with making the background itself have more life to it. The reason why this was effective, was because it shows not only improving footage with editing, but it also brings better quality and attention bringing for those who are watching the short film. 
Changing the Hue and saturation to my clips, was quite simple as I only needed to click and drag the effect onto the chosen clips. This saved me a lot of time with being able to carry on doing the edits that are required. 


Hue and Saturation 


Raw Camera Footage 




Brightness and Contrast 

Another effect that was brought into the editing parts of my film was brightness and contrast. The reason why I added in this effect, was because most of the film was too dark in some scenes of the film and had to be given slight adjustments to make them easily viewable to the audience. 

The benefit of this, shows the more technical side of the film instead of having it all finalised in raw footage. Also, for most car shows it is important to to create or advance scenery and the cars around it as the audience prefer scenes that would keep their attention due to how appealing it is to them, rather than an unedited clip that is barely visible. 






Zooming in on shots 

The reason why I zoomed in on shots during some scenes, was because in some parts of the film key details of the car could only be properly visible within that scene if the camera was zoomed in on it. The reason why this was effective in most scenes is because it allows me to have my film to have multiple angles and shot lengths for specific scenes. Also I did this inside of my actors car to get different shots and details of the lights that go off when the car is running. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

LO3: Decision List