When editing my film in post production it is important to control and manipulate the sound in order to get the correct tone and atmosphere you aimed to create for the film. However, this is also important in any kind of film, as the music and sounds are used to advance the effectiveness of the film or can sometimes be the main part of the film that audience members enjoy the most.
MIXING
When I was editing the sound for the film, the first thing I did was make sure the speech from my film was stronger, as from the raw footage the actors were quite due to background noise and music being played in the car. The tools and platform that I used to do this at first was Adobe Audition. The reason why used this was to separate speech from background noises. Once I had done this the first thing I did was enhance the vocals from my actors to make them overlap any background noise. However, once I had imported the new vocals onto Premiere again the music that would 100% have us copyrighted was louder. In order to get this fixed the first thing I did was use the effect compressor, and De noise. The reason why I did this was because it would help me remove even more background noise (specifically background vocals). This greatly improved my film, as the vocals of my actors could be heard much better.
Music
For my music I used an app called BandLab which allowed me to create my own piece of music either with copy right free samples, or the option to make my own with what I have available at home. The song that I used for my film was inspired by the song used in Top Gear "Jessica" which was created in 1977. Whereas the introduction I made was a British punk rock tune similar to what you would hear from the late 90s to the early 00s. The soundtrack itself does not feature any lyrics, which allowed me to keep it all simple and just focus on how effective I am going to make the soundtrack for the film. The additional add ons i made to my soundtrack was by editing the amplifier by increasing the gain and volume.


No comments:
Post a Comment