Configuring Footage
For creating my film the first thing I did was create an online edit. To do this I used Adobe Premiere to put my unedited footage in order. This took little time, as most shots were done in one take. This would help me find out what needs cutting or removing entirely for my film. It would also allow me to see where I can edit parts of the video.
As soon as I had done my offline edit for my film, I soon realised there was a lot of footage that needed cutting or editing. This included different shots of the film that needed taking out, the audio of my actors needed enhancing, and the music being in the car to be lowered or taken out entirely. The part of the film that was re done a lot was the first scene, as I changed the script a lot during these scenes, while also allowing my actors to go off script to get genuine reactions from the other actors to make the scenes as realistic as possible.
The timeline for my offline edit was already in a less complicated order. This is mainly because my film did not require any other additional sounds or special effects during any scenes.
Offline edit Timeline
For the timeline on the offline edit is not in any sort of mess as, the audio and footage are already put together. The reason this was effective, was because I could just import the clips and not have to arrange over 10 different footages to match one scene.
Final edit Timeline
The timeline for my final edit of the film includes all the additional sounds that were added into the film, such as the introduction music, and the vocal enhancer and the background sound remover. However, there were a lot of disadvantages with the editing, as most scenes had to cut in some shots which I had to be precise about, this meant a lot of cutting and importing happened within every new scene. Another issue I ran into with editing was the Audio and speech. This was because I had to first unlink the audio from the visual footage, then export it to adobe audition, to then use speech enhancers and background noise removers. Then I added it back to Premier where I had to once again use background noise remover.
Cinematography
Once I had done the film, there was not much editing that needed to be done to the footage, as having it outside meant I only needed to change the brightness and saturation of some of the scenes. The reason why this was these were the only parts I had to edit, was because natural lighting from the sun, ending up darkening some of the scenes. Because all my scenes were done in one day, I did not have to worry about lighting being different in some scenes, as most of it should be around the same, as we only travelled around areas such as Brampton and Wath which are relatively close together.
Sound
The reason why I edited the sound in my short film was either due to the audio being too quiet or sounds that were not needed to be included in my film. I used both Premiere and Adobe Audition to edit and extract my sounds.
I used Adobe Audition to separate the vocals of my actors from the music being played inside of the car. Once I had done that I would import that audio back onto Premiere and use other additional tools such as the De-nouse and compressor to remove any last parts of sound not needed.
By doing this my audience will be able to hear my actors a lot more clear, so they can understand what is happening in some of the scenes.



No comments:
Post a Comment